Welcome to the first Fresh AiR Podcast!
We got together to do a sound check and after half an hour of laughing and discussing various topics we decided to just hit record and enjoy the conversation!
As such, this show is a little bit of a mish mash so please forgive a few mind blanks haha.
In this show we cover a number of items such as:
- Who we are and our theological position
- The various definitions of Atheism, and when they originated
- Reasons Atheists might debate
- Popular insults and errors both theists and atheists make e.g. dunning kruger
- Words changing (including a southpark reference)
- Behaviours that give atheists a bad name
- Headline Culture
- Stupid Comment of the Week
Hope you enjoy the show!
We hope you enjoy the show, and regardless of if you did or didn’t, please let us know on the comments below, via social media, or even send a sound clip in to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you at the next show!
Useful Resources on Atheism, Atheists and Debate
- Conflated and Misunderstood Terms 2 – Atheism, Theism, and Agnosticism
- Is Atheism a Choice?
- Faulty Atheist Arguments
- Angry Atheists or Concerned Citizens?
- Changing A Mind; Respect Matters
References (Mentioned in the Podcast)
- Draper, P. (2017) ‘Atheism and Agnosticism’ in The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy [Online]. Available at: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/atheism-agnosticism/
(Accessed 7 June 2019.)
- LeDrew, S. (2012) ‘The evolution of atheism: Scientific and humanistic approaches’, History of the Human Sciences, Vol. 0, No. 0, pp. 1-18. Available at: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1027.689&rep=rep1&type=pdf
(Accessed 10 June 2019)
- ἄθεος (Atheos) https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E1%BC%84%CE%B8%CE%B5%CE%BF%CF%82?fbclid=IwAR1N0sLeE3cyN7SHZSe91o2wjK3vS2pJkXEvfdP-9OC1wKWMLclqBQmt-fc
- Antony Flew (1972) ‘The Presupposition of Atheism’
Available at: http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~ekremer/resources/Flew%20The%20Presumption%20of%20Atheism.pdf