- Why should I wear a condom when condoms are only 98% effective?
Isn’t a 98% chance of not getting an STD or conceiving better than 0%? The only 100% effective method is abstinence (not having sex).
Therefore the only 100% effective method of not catching any communicable illness would be staying away from other people.
Other examples that are just as ridiculous
- Why would my crappy breaks in my car be a threat to you if you are so sure yours work?
- Why would eating peanut butter be a threat to you if you are so sure your EpiPen works?
- Why would living in a bad neighbourhood be a threat to you if you are so sure the lock on your door works?
- Why would playing with fire be a threat to you if you are so sure the fire extinguisher works?
- Why would firing random shots into a crowed be a thread to you if you are so sure Kevlar works?
The disease would have died out anyway due to improved hygiene!!
That simply isn’t true. Whilst improved hygiene has definitely helped the germs that cause these diseases are still here. They wouldn’t have gone away on their own.
Confirmation Bias: The tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one’s existing beliefs or theories.
The trouble with anyone with an agenda, eg convincing you of their faith, that the world is only 6000 years old, or that vaccinations are unsafe, is that they will always look for links and information that backs up their point of view and disregard everything else.
In fact a lot of people become anti-vaxxers due to someone they trust convincing them to think that way.
- Trust (and the abuse of authority)
- Common Theistic Fallacies (see how many you notice anti vaxxers doing)
Idea – why don’t anti-vaxxers lock themselves away and infect themselves with all these viruses and then come back proving they don’t need vaccinations?
Thank you to all doctors and scientists that put a lot of effort and research into making the vaccines and the world a safer (weller?) place
Credits to information and images to:
- Vaccinations cause autism – Page 1
- There is mercury in vaccinations and mercury is poisonous – Page 1
- There is formaldehyde in vaccinations and formaldehyde is poisonous – Page 2
- There is aluminium in vaccinations and aluminium is poisonous – Page 2
- Allergens in vaccinations – Page 2
- Why do I need vaccinations if you already have them? – Page 3
- Catching the virus is better than immunisation/Virus Parties – Page 3
- Why should I get vaccinated when vaccinations are not 100% effective? – Page 4
- Confirmation bias – Page 4